- Caroline has become a very steady "sitter" and spends lots of time playing with her toys. She is very content and is okay with just hanging out and taking in all the activity of her family around her. Connor frequently swoops in and gives her a hug and a kiss and tells her how cute or pretty she looks that day and she takes it all in stride. Unless he is too close for too long and then she lets him know!
- Caroline is eating more and more foods. This has been a slow process and I think she is just one that needs time to adjust to new foods. While she still isn't a fan of cereal, she will eat most vegetables and fruits. She took to peas and green beans first, followed by squash and sweet potatoes and then decided that fruits were okay, too. She seems to have the pincher grasp down and does well eating cheerios and puffs. What she really wants to eat is anything that I am eating!
- Caroline is vocalizing more and more. She says ba-ba, da-da, ya-ya and the occasional ma-ma. She loves to "talk" on the phone. Whenever I am on the phone she begs until I put it on speaker so she can hear and talk, too. At first I thought she wanted to play with the phone, but she doesn't try to reach and grab for it, she just wants to talk!
- Caroline continues to be a fabulous sleeper. She goes to bed around 7:30 for the night and wakes up between 7 - 7:30 the next morning. She typically takes 2 naps and sometimes a third shorter one later in the day.
- We have yet to see the first tooth pop through. For now we will continue to enjoy her toothless smiles!
- When Caroline wants someone's attention she leans over to the side and flashes a big smile. It is amazing how effective this is in getting what she wants since it is so cute.
- We call Caroline our "little grabber" right now. If anything is too close she is going to try to grab it and put it in her mouth!
- Caroline gets around pretty well by doing a back bend and scooting around. It looks like it would hurt her neck as she is standing on her head but it seems to be very effective for her. I keep telling the boys that they have to be more careful with their things because when I see this,
and this
I know that crawling can't be too far behind!



1 comment:
Yippee!! Updates and pictures! I feel so sad that I haven't even met sweet Caroline yet. I like to read the little stories and I can totally picture Braden and Connor interacting with her. Glad to see that your family is doing so well!
Post a Comment