EDITED: I have added the recipe to the bottom of this post!!
This is what I decided to make for my family for dinner tonight. My husband will eat anything, but my kids are very picky eaters. I decided to try something that sounded good to me for a change. What did my kids think? Braden took one bite and said, "Mom, this is fantastic, " and proceeded to clean his whole plate. I got Connor to at least choke down a few bites of each. I thought it was delicious!
What did I learn from this little experiment? I learned what I should have remembered from long ago. Braden has very good taste in food and I need to make more of what I like and he will probably eat it, too. After all, he was the one that enjoyed lobster bisque when he was only 15 months old!!
1 9-o.z. pkg refrigerated fresh pasta (I used fettuccine)
4 large carrots, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp. butter
1-1/2 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used chicken tenders)
1/4 cup purchased basil pesto
1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
Olive oil
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet cook carrots in 1 tablespoon melted butter over med. heat for 3 minutes. Add chicken, cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken. Add pesto, toss to coat.
3. Drain pasta. Return to pan; toss with remaining butter. Serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle pasta with Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
Sorry, I do not remember where I got this recipe so I can't give anyone credit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yum! Will you share the recipe??
Post a Comment