Thursday, January 24, 2008

Beating the Winter Blahs!

So, what are you d0ing at your house to beat the winter blahs, you may ask? Well, how about POTTY TRAINING!!!!! Yes, it is true, that is how we are spending our time these days. You know, this really is a great time because it is so cold outside that who wants to go anywhere anyway. I believe that it is not good to force this upon a child, but after playing around for a few weeks with pull-ups and some on-again-off-again underwear wearing I decided that it was time to go full time underwear during the day. The grandparents were here over the weekend and it went excellently. He was dry the whole weekend in his underwear!! Yeah!! And then they left....I guess he was done impressing people. But since I know he can do it I have been sticking to my guns even when he pleads that he wants a diaper and for the most part he has done very well.

Here is the dilemma that I need some help with. What do you do about night time? He wants to wear a diaper at night and quite frankly he is not dry in the morning so I think that this is a good thing, but he waits to "do his business" until I get it on and I am afraid we are setting ourselves up for a bad habit to break. Any ideas about how to proceed would be great!!!

2 comments:

Traci said...

We haven't mastered night-time dryness at our house, so I don't have any valid advice! I do make him go potty at bathtime and again right before bed, and he uses a pull up. I think I let him stay in a diaper for a few weeks to make sure we had daytime dryness mastered, and then we switched to the pull-up. Some day it'll be undies at night!

Anonymous said...

Only had to potty train girls up to this point...so no advice from me, but you bet I'll be coming to you sometime not too long down the road for advice on the boy :) Good luck and WAY TO GO CONNOR!

Katie